PRE-REQUISITE: Minimum of an 8 week beginner silversmithing class
Advanced Stone Setting
Jan 20 & 21, 2018
$249 + Gst
Overview - Two Day Workshop: The first day is spent working on samples of tube setting and Prong Setting. The 2nd day is focused on covering gypsy setting and setting from behind. Students are welcome to turn any of their practice samples into simple projects. Be aware if they so choose, it will take away time from getting the supervised practice time of the actual settings. All settings can be added to projects at a later time.
Objectives: This two-day survey course offers a look at various stone setting techniques. We will be focused on gypsy, prong, tube and flush settings. Learn 4 stone setting techniques over the weekend!
Tools and Materials may include, but are not limited to:
- 1- Sawframe with 3/0 Blades
- 1- 6" Half-Round 2 cut File with Handle
- 1- Burnisher
- 1- Needle Nose Pliers
- 1- Soldering Tweezers
- Setting burrs (size depends on project)
- Project Specific Sterling Silver, including round wire, round tubing, sheet, etc (Please inquire for more detailed information)
- 3- Faceted Stones
- Cabochon Stones
Additional materials may be required
Activities: In this two day workshop you will:
1. Learn 4 completely different settings!
2. Spend time practicing the techniques learned so that you can go home feeling confident that you can tackle this on your own.
3. Make multiple samples that can be added to projects at a later date if wanted to. Or focus on making finished pieces with the techniques learned but have less repetitive time for going over the setting processes.
Call to register: 604-298-5883 or Toll free 1-888-593
Instructor, Kelly Allanson
See Instructor website, www.kellyallanson.com for a gallery of work and follow her on Instagram @kellyallanson