No prior jewelry making experience required to take this class.
with Kelly Allanson
$140 + Gst
Overview - One Day Workshop: This 1 day workshop is meant to raise skill levels and to give students the ability to comfortably set round or oval faceted stones. Our rings will be made out of sterling silver with your choice of stone, either round or oval. It must have a hardness of 5 or over. If you are unsure and have something at home, please feel free to bring it to class and discuss it with the instructor.
Objectives: This class covers ring making, bezel making, learning how to set a faceted stone and then polish it up.
- 1- 4" Jeweler’s Sawframe
- 1- 6" 1/2 Round File (2 cut)
- 1- File Handle
- 1- 1/2 Round 4-cut Needle File
- 1 doz – 2/0 Saw Blades
- 1 pair – AA Tweezers
- Emery Paper: (240, 280, 400)
- Emery Boards (Grey & Pink)
- 1- Barette File (safety file)
- 1- Bezel Pusher
- Riveting Hammer
- Fine-Tipped Sharpie Pen
Students will also need to purchase:
- Sterling Silver 20ga for ring shank
- Sterling silver 24ga for making bezel
- Round or Oval Faceted Stone, 6mm or bigger, hardness 5 and up
- Can pick all of this up during the class if wanted
Please also bring a notebook..
Activities: In this 1 day workshop you will:
1. Learn about setting faceted stones, custom make tools for the setting process and make a ring.
2. Custom make specific tools for setting the faceted stone.
3. Apply your learned knowledge and make a ring with a set faceted stone.
Call to register: 604-298-5883 or Toll free 1-888-593-1888
Instructor, Kelly Allanson
See Instructor website, www.kellyallanson.com for a gallery of work and follow her on Instagram @kellyallanson