This class is suitable for both beginner and experienced students.
Feb 17 & 18, 2018
$195 + Gst
Overview - Two Day Workshop: Learn to take your ring designs up a notch! Students will have lots of demos on different ways to create tapered bands, u shaped bands and double bands. They will also learn a number of ways to decorate around their stones with making their own twisted wire, silver balls, frames and more. Lots of great demos and time for students to incorporate the things they like into a one of a kind ring.
Objectives: The focus of this class is to get students more comfortable with using a torch, learn how to make their own embellishments and how to stylize their ring bands so that they can start to create one of a kind pieces.
Tools and Materials may include, but are not limited to:
- 1-statement stone
- silver wire in various sizes
- silver plate- 20ga or 18 ga for a ring shank
- silver plate- 24 ga for the backing of the stone
- bezel wire for around the stone- can be fancy or plain
Instructor will provide all hand tools for use during this workshop. Students will only be required to buy materials for their project. These are available upstairs in the store during workshop time.
Activities: In this two day workshop you will:
1. Learn 4 different ring band styles
2. Learn how to make their own twisted wire, silver balls and other embellishments.
3. How to put construct their own embellished ring.
4. Various ways to finish their rings off with a high polish, matt finish or oxidized finished.
Call to register: 604-298-5883 or Toll free 1-888-593
Instructor, Kelly Allanson
See Instructor website, www.kellyallanson.com for a gallery of work and follow her on Instagram @kellyallanson